Incredibly quick and easy to make, but with bags of flavour.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 x 450g jar roasted red peppers in brine (net 350g), drained and roughly chopped
- 1 x 350g jar crushed tomatoes (passata rustica)
- 1 litre stock (chicken or vegetable)
- Salt & pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion, fennel and herbs and gently fry until the onion is soft.
- Add the peppers, tomatoes and stock.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Blitz until smooth and pass through a fine sieve.
- Re-heat and season to taste.
Serve and enjoy!